fleur de lis earrings in honor of the Saints superbowl victory the other day, these awesome little 'X'es started appearing on my work bench. The tin has an overall grid pattern with a mix of fleur de lis and other designs centered in each box. Punching out circles leaves these tiny bits.
Of course, I abandoned making the the earrings I had set out to make and got started in on this piece. I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I assumed I'd figure it out as I went along. I got all the little pieces cut out and struggled for a half hour or so with getting them filed and sanded. These bits are tiny--even for me! It's hard to get a good hold on them.
Once they were worked to a smooth edge, I set them aside and started digging through my findings. After a while I hit upon this tiny sterling chain that I had oxidized months ago and completely forgotten about. It seemed like a nice fit for the scale of the pieces. Fortunately, I also had super tiny sterling jump rings sitting around. I got them oxidized and went to work drilling and attaching.
As I was finishing up with "What Remains, I" it occurred to me that "What Remains, II" was sitting in a ziplock ready to be assembled. I've been saving tiny scrap pieces of my favorite tins for a while now, but for no particular reason and with no defined plan for what to do with them. I pulled out that little bag today and dumped those scraps onto my favorite white working boards. This is the first grouping that I put together and I have a couple more 'sets' that I'll be making into other necklaces in the next few days.
show I'll be doing in Atlanta. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I really like making most of those designs, but it seems impossible for me to stop wasting time making new ones. I'm sure it's a disease and they probably even have a pill for it. If you know what it is, be sure to let me know!